Monday 10 January 2011

Another dark morning!

A quick visit this morning from 7.10-7.50am. It always surprises me how early some birds of prey come out of their roost, last week and today a Buzzard flew across the valley around 7.30 in the half light. The lake was partly frozen and didn't produce anything other than 2 Mallards, Bullfinches were calling from a couple of different spots and the Tawny Owl seemed slightly more distant this morning, walking back to the car a Pied Wagtail(64) flew up from by the barn. I have added a site species list during lunch hour, despite leaving the list at home!! so it might get updated over the next couple of days.

4 comments:

Warren Baker said...

Hi Alan,
Looking at your site list, I was amused to see you have 134 species - the same as me! ( but I dont count Feral pigeons!)

Also, including the Feral pigeon, there 16 birds on your list that I havn't recorded on my patch :-)

Phil and Mandy said...

Well done on the count so far, I am on 32 at the moment, I only go on a Sunday morning though. We will be down to visit and a walk over your patch at some point, looking forward to it.
Regards
Phil

Alan Pavey said...

Hi Warren,

I'll have a look at your list properly, when I get a chance, you would think we would have a reasonable chance picking up a few of each others differing species. The Feral Pigeon!! always a bird I'm in two minds about, it's on the Kent List so I include it but I don't include it on my life list, there's confused for you!!!


All the best

Al

Alan Pavey said...

Hi Phil and Mandy,

The amount of visits obviously makes a lot difference to respective lists, I'm lucky to be able to do my patch before work otherwise my list would certainly be a lot less. I hope you do make it over, it'll be great to catch up.

All the best

Al