Wednesday 13 November 2013

Finally a post!!

After nearly two weeks of man flu! and some poor weather in the mornings, I got out this morning for an hour and it was a beautiful morning. I didn't see a lot, about a dozen SKYLARK came up from the field, while this years piglets decided to follow me thinking I had their breakfast. FIELDFARE, REDWING, REDPOLL and SISKIN were around in small numbers and a male SPARROWHAWK drifted low over the trees in the lovely early light. The new pond did have 2 MALLARD on it, again the light illuminated the drake wonderfully, I don't think my photo does it justice but it was worth a go. (click for larger image)
Hopefully I'll get a decent walk in at the weekend or another look at Hemsted.


We have lift off!

6 comments:

Warren Baker said...

Man Flu! Ahhhhh! I hope it avoids me this year :-)

Hope you're fully recovered now mate!

Phil said...

I've had the vaccination Alan, worth every penny. Went to Hemstead myself yesterday, saw some Crossbills but a bit distant.

Maria said...

Prachtig zijn de foto's van de Wilde eenden! Ik hoop dat je weer helemaal beter bent en ons weer veel mooie foto's blogt.
vriendelijke groet,
Maria

Lou Mary said...

I think you have captured the light well - glorious photo! Glad you have recovered from your flu!

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Lovely colors.. Great pictures Alan.. Have a nice weekend

Helma said...

So you were sick with the flu Alan and that's less fun. Now fortunately better but do good to yourself huh.
You bar again see some really nice and sharp pictures of the wild duck. Beautiful colors.