Wednesday 14 November 2018

Canada 2018 - Ending the day at Hillman Marsh


With Stephen again at the wheel we headed west towards Point Pelee, it was approximately a 3 hour drive, we were looking for flooded fields or anything that might yield something new on the way. We actually didn't see too much so we found our Motel in Leamington (pretty much the closest place to stat for access to Point Pelee) then headed off to Hillman Marsh. We had heard this wasn't as good as it used to be, maybe this was so, but we found it entertaining nonetheless.
The light was beautiful and the shallow muddy was situated on the west, where you could stand on the bank and view with the sun behind, perfect. Amongst a good number of waders 2 stood out and had drawn a crowd, AMERICAN AVOCETS, really smart birds, surrounded with LESSER and GREATER YELLOWLEGS, lots of DUNLIN, LEAST SANDPIPERS, SPOTTED SANDPIPER. Stephen did a great job finding a single SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER in among all the peeps.
American Avocets


Adding to the assembled waders were at least 40 BONAPARTE'S GULLS, 10 RING BILLED, 20 CASPIAN TERNS, a handful of COMMON TERNS and a FORSTER'S! There was plenty more to see as we scoped the rest of the marsh and walked round the main lake ducks included BUFFLEHEADS, NORTHERN SHOVELER, RING NECKED DUCKS, GREEN WINGED TEAL and 3 RUDDY DUCKS, these ones safe from any cull. HORNED GREBES were also on the water.
Mixture of Gulls and Terns


By standing in the correct spot before we walked the lake we managed to find a GREAT HORNED OWL perched some distance away a nice distraction from the waterbirds. A SANDHILL CRANE made us look to the skies, where a CHIMNEY SWIFT whizzed in and out view at speed. On the walk we found a couple of WOOD DUCK and a couple of DOWNY WOODPECKERS gave good views.
Sandhill Crane


That was a great introduction to Hillman Marsh, and I haven't mentioned the hundreds of TREE SWALLOWS in attendance...

Next stop an early start at Point Pelee.

7 comments:

Helma said...

I have never seen such a sandpiper.
This is really a beautiful bird.
Also nice that you could photograph a crane in the flight.

Greetings, Helma

Stephen Mills said...

Hi Alan,looks like you and Stephen had a terrific time with loads of great birds and mammals.Very jealous plus some lovely photos.
Regards Stephen.

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Hila Alan.. Nice shots. Congrats and regards

Percetakan Murah Rawamangun Jakarta said...

The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Percetakan Jasa Fotocopy Murah Cetak Buku Murah wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)
Jasa Cetak Fotocopy Murah Cepat Express Jakarta Timur Rawamangun
Jasa Fotocopy Cetak Buku Murah ISBN Nada Rawamangun Jakarta Timur Bisa Ditunggu

Unknown said...

I want the world to know a great man that is well known as DR.WEALTHY,he has the perfect solution to relationship issues and marriage problems. The main reason why i went to DR.WEALTHY was for solution on how i can get my husband back because in recent times i have read some testimonies on the internet which some people has written about DR.WEALTHY and i was so pleased and i decided to seek for assistance from him on his email (wealthylovespell@gmail.com) which he did a perfect job by casting a spell on my husband which made him to come back to me and beg for forgiveness.I will not stop publishing his name on the net because of the good work he is doing. I will drop his contact for the usefulness of those that needs his help.His Email DR.WEALTHY"CONTACT via EMAIL: wealthylovespell@gmail.com or whatsapp him +2348105150446 read blog http://wealthyspellhome.over-blog.com

Jane wembli said...

Hi everyone,I’m so excited my husband is back after he left me for another woman. My husband was having an affair with a co-worker and i love my husband so much but he was cheating on me with his co-worker and this girl i think she use witchcraft or black magic on my husband to make him hate me and this was so critical and uncalled-for, I cry all day and night for God to send me a helper to bring back my husband! I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr.Wealthy can help get ex-boyfriend back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it, then he did a love spell for me. 22hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me so much, Oh My God! i was so happy, and today i am happy with my man again and we are joyfully living together and i thank the powerful spell caster Dr.Wealthy, he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the here. if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.Wealthy for help now..Here’s his email, wealthylovespell@gmail.com
He also do the following spell
Pregnancy spell
Love spell
Penis enlargement spell
herpes/hiv
Winning spell
His email, wealthylovespell@gmail.com
Or his WhatsApp +2348105150446

Itools Mobile Service said...

Glad to see your post.Thanks for sharing.
Iphone service center in chennai